As a child, I never understood why my natural hair will be so hard to touch. I will always have tears in my eyes by the time the hair stylist start making the hairstyle for the week ahead of school’s resumption. In this post, I will share a simple guide on how to make your natural hair softer.
Currently, it has been 22 weeks since the last time I retouched my hair. You can imagine how hard my natural hair, also called undergrowth can be. Here are the things I noticed that makes my hair really hard:
My hair is hard when it’s really dry. Dry hair = hard hair. If I do not apply leave in conditioner after washing my hair, it becomes dry too.
I sought for a solution to my hard texture of hair, and here’s what I found to make my natural hair softer and how I do it.
What you Need
- Leave in conditioner
- Coconut oil or any other oil of your choice
- Spray bottle
- Shower cap
- Put some water in the spray bottle.
- Add some coconut oil to the bottle. You can also add the leave-in conditioner if you wish.
- Shake the mixture well and apply it to your hair.
- Cover your hair with a shower cap for 15 or 20 minutes.
By the time I take off the shower cap, my undergrowth, also called new growth will be so soft and easy to detangle.
Learn to make your natural hair softer so that it can be easy for you to handle your hair, especially when you are on a journey to long Nigerian hair.